GREEN BAY, Wis. — Four people were taken to the hospital after getting sick from a gas leak in the Baylake Bank City Center in downtown Green Bay.

Fire officials tell WBAY -TV the four were feeling nauseous and had headaches. The city center was evacuated Sunday while the fire department’s hazardous materials team determined the source of the leak.

Battalion Chief Steve Sellin says a pilot light in KoKo Sushi Bar and Lounge went out causing gas to leak into the building. The city center has since been reopened.


Information from: WBAY-TV, http://www.wbay.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.