The annual Smoke on the Square regional barbecue competition comes back to downtown Franklin on Friday and Saturday.
Teams from all over Indiana and the midwest will compete for the top prize for their briskets or ribs. Lots of great eats from local food vendors will be set up both days all day.
The competition brings many non-food festivities to the downtown as well.
Here’s the schedule:
Story continues below gallery
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. food vendors open
- 2 and 7:30 p.m. “The Sandlot” at the Artcraft Theatre, 57 N. Main St.
- 5 p.m. Cruisin’ the Courthouse, North Main Street
- 7-10 p.m. Toy Factory band on the music stage
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., food vendors
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. local entertainment, kids area open
- 2 and 7:30 p.m., “The Sandlot” at the Artcraft Theatre
- 7-10 p.m., Blue River Band on the music stage
Learn more at discoverdowntownfranklin.com.