LAS VEGAS — A busy stretch of freeway reopened near downtown Las Vegas, hours after officials say a man sought for questioning in a shooting case was struck and killed by a tractor-trailer as he tried to run from police.
Officer Michael Rodriguez said Friday that U.S. 95 reopened by about 6 p.m. Thursday.
It had been closed for more than 6 hours, after police say the man crashed and abandoned a Ford SUV, and was hit by the truck as he ran across freeway lanes.
The man’s name hasn’t been made public.
Rodriguez says an officer was following and witnessed the fatal crash.
Police say detectives had wanted to question the man about a Sept. 22 shooting in a parking area of a mobile home park that left a man badly wounded.