Mattress set on fire outside of Franklin business

Firefighters had to put out a mattress fire outside of a Franklin business over the weekend.

Just before 8:30 p.m. Friday, police were called to the Sleep Shop in Northwood Plaza, off U.S. 31 in Franklin. The owner of the store told police a mattress in the trash bin behind the business had been set on fire, the report said.

Firefighters put out the flames, which also damaged the trash bin and had caused some of the paint to discolor and peel on the building, the report said.

Police are investigating the fire, the report said.

Author photo
Annie Goeller is managing editor of the Daily Journal. She can be reached at or 317-736-2718.