Scholarship available for local students
Local students who volunteer with a public safety organization may be eligible for a scholarship.
The Indiana Homeland Security Foundation is now accepting applications for the Secure Indiana Scholarship Program.
Applicants must plan to or attend an accredited Indiana college, have a 2.8 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale and volunteer with a public safety organization such as a fire department, emergency management, police or emergency medical services.
The deadline to apply is July 15.
Interested students can contact the Indiana Department of Homeland Security Grants Management office at email@example.com.
A $2,000 scholarship is available for full time students and $1,000 is available for part-time students.
Kiwanis awards scholarships
The Franklin Kiwanis Club has awarded six $1,200 scholarships.
Scholarships were awarded to:
- Haley Taylor, Franklin, who will attend International Business College.
- Madeline Daily, Franklin, who will attend Indiana University.
- Lauren Kumpf, Whiteland, who will attend Purdue University.
- Matthew Williams, Whiteland, who will attend Indiana University
- Jarrett Rossi, Indian Creek, who will attend IUPUI.
- Austin Coy, Indian Creek, who who will attend Wabash College.