Alexa West, a Whiteland Community High School graduate, led the Marian golf team to its third consecutive Crossroads League championship with scores of 75-83-80 at the league championship tournament.
The sophomore, who was the Crossroads Player of the Year as a freshman, finished first for Marian and second in the field of 45 golfers representing nine schools, and was selected to the five-member All Crossroads Team for the second consecutive year.
- Andi Stewart is batting .300 (9 for 30) for the Taylor softball team (22-22, 13-15).
- Competing at the Bellarmine Track and Field Invitational, Indianapolis sprinter Melissa Rios was 10th of 25 in the 100-meter dash (12.80) and 12th of 27 in the 200 (26.68).
- The Taylor baseball team (33-12, 15-3) won four games against Indiana Wesleyan. Jared Adkins scored three runs and was hitless in five at-bats in the four wins and is batting .225 (18 for 80).
- The Notre Dame softball team (35-8, 10-5) defeated Valparaiso and Western Michigan and won one of three against North Carolina. Kimmy Sullivan pinch-hit for the Irish in each game and had one double, one single, one RBI and one run scored in five at-bats. She is hitting .375 (15 for 40).
- The Indianapolis softball team (46-3, 27-3) won doubleheaders against Truman and Quincy. Natalie Lalich had three singles, one double, three runs scored and two RBIs in 11 at-bats in the four games and is hitting .394 (61 for 155).
- Anna Gunderson is batting .243 (26 for 107) for the Taylor softball team (22-22, 13-15). Courtney Moriarity is batting .312 (29 for 93) and has a 5-9 pitching record with a 3.63 ERA in 62 2/3 innings.
- The Purdue softball team (26-22, 7-10) defeated Butler and won one of three against Ohio State. Mallory Baker was 0 for 2 in one game against the Buckeyes and is hitting .235 (27 for 115).
- Victoria Boyer is hitting .353 (24 for 68) for the Palm Beach Atlantic softball team (34-15).
- Abbey Pratt has pitched 53 1/3 innings in 26 games, starting seven, for the Montevallo softball team (19-38, 3-21) and has a 3-3 record with a 5.38 ERA.
- Sarah Thompson has played in 23 games, starting three, for the Indiana softball team (24-22, 6-11) and is hitting .053 (1 for 19).
- Brad Walker is batting .348 (8 for 23) for the IU-Southeast baseball team (32-11, 23-1).
- Devon Hensley is batting .240 (24 for 100) for the Indianapolis baseball team (28-12, 14-6).
- Mark Garrett has an 0-1 record with an 8.35 ERA for the Anderson baseball team (12-18, 9-9).
- Zach Anderson pitched four innings for the Grand Valley baseball team (24-12-1) in a 9-6 loss to Northwood and gave up nine hits, one walk, and five earned runs and struck out two. He relieved for one scoreless inning in a 13-6 defeat of Findley and walked one batter, hit one with a pitch and struck out one. His record is 3-4 with a 4.50 ERA.
- Zeke Howie gave up nine hits, two walks and four earned runs and struck out three in six innings for the Marian baseball team (16-25, 6-12) in a 5-2 loss to Bethel. His record is 3-3 with a 4.54 ERA.
- Jay Prior gave up seven hits, two walks and four earned runs in two innings for the Lincoln Trail baseball team (21-28) in an 8-5 loss to Kaskaskia, but did not get the decision. He has pitched 44 1/3 innings and is 5-1 with a 4.67 ERA.
- Brock Warner scored one goal for the Hanover men’s lacrosse team (7-6, 5-0) in a 10-9 defeat of Thiel.
- The Franklin women’s lacrosse team (6-6, 4-4) lost 17-5 to St. Vincent and won 17-7 against Thomas More. Jess Silva had one ground ball against St. Vincent. Presleigh Hobbs had three goals, one assist and one draw control in the win and one draw control in the loss. Carly Campbell had two ground balls against St. Vincent, and three goals and one draw control against Thomas More.
- The Ball State men’s tennis team defeated Toledo 4-3. Luke Andersen won 4-6, 7-6, 6-4 at No. 1 singles and 6-3 at No. 2 doubles. Conner Andersen lost 0-6, 6-4, 6-4 at No. 4 singles and 7-6 at No. 1 doubles.
- Emily Jones won 6-0, 6-1 at No. 3 singles and 8-6 at No. 2 doubles for the Wheaton women’s tennis team in a 9-0 defeat of Lake Forest.
- Franklin’s Jackie Rizzi was 10th of 16 in the women’s 100-meter dash (13.87), 18th of 26 in the 200 (28.73) and 10th of 11 in the triple jump (29-1¾) at the Rose-Hulman Twilight Track and Field Invitational.
- Southern Indiana’s Jordan Jones was third of 13 in the javelin (100-2), ninth of 16 in the hammer (134-9), 12th of 15 in the discus (95-2), and 13th of 21 in the shot put (34-10½) at the Bellarmine Track and Field Classic.
- In a dual track and field meet won by the Purdue women, Indiana’s Sydney Clute was second to an IU teammate in the pole vault with a season-best vault of 13-10¼. Taylor Pennington was third of three in the high jump with a leap of 5-3. In the men’s meet, won by Indiana, Derek Grimmer was fifth of five in the 200-meter dash in 22.17.
- Taylor’s Noah Clayton was first of four competitors in the 400-meter hurdles (56.98) at the Manchester Track and Field Invitational.
- The Taylor women’s golf team finished fifth of nine teams at the Crossroads League Championships. Raquel Helton was fifth for Taylor and 32nd of 45 overall with scores of 97-100-95–292.
- Franklin’s Erica Christy won the shot put event in a field of 12 competitors at the Rose-Hulman Twilight Track and Field Invitational with a toss of 40-11. She was sixth of 19 in the hammer (129-2) and seventh of 18 in the discus (99-9).
- Alex Lovelace is batting .359, with nine doubles, three triples, two home runs, and 23 RBIs in 44 games, all starts, for the Taylor softball team (22-22, 13-15). Teammate Davis Carter is batting .281 (34 for 121), with four doubles, six home runs and 27 RBIs in 41 games, 38 as a starter.
- The Butler softball team (25-20, 8-6) lost to Purdue and won two of three against Creighton. Chelsea Norwood had one hit in nine at-bats in the three games against Creighton and is hitting .257 (9 for 35).
- Bridget Pepper is batting .286 (4 for 14) for the Wabash Valley softball team (42-9, 29-3).
- Georgia softball pitcher Brittany Gray lost twice to Auburn, giving up 13 hits, four walks and five earned runs in four innings in two games while striking out five. She has a 10-7 record and a 2.67 ERA for the Bulldogs (37-13, 9-9).
- The Franklin softball team (23-11, 8-6) split two games with Rose-Hulman and won two against Bluffton. Katie Struewing had five doubles, one single, four RBIs and three runs scored in 12 at-bats in the four games and is batting .412 (49 for 119), fifth best in the Heartland Conference. The senior leads the conference in RBIs (42), doubles (21) and total bases (90).
- Conner Morris is batting .198 (17 for 86) for the Anderson baseball team (12-18, 9-9).
- Mitch Caster pitched 2 2/3 innings for the Franklin baseball team (12-20, 7-12) in an 8-0 loss to Rose-Hulman and gave up four hits, four walks and three earned runs while striking out two. In a 14-4 win against Bluffton, he pitched three hitless, scoreless innings, yielding four walks and striking out three. He has an 0-2 record with a 6.38 ERA in 18 1/3 innings.
- The Indiana baseball team (23-15, 8-4) defeated Xavier and won two of three against Michigan State. Alex Krupa had one double, one single, one RBI and one run scored in six at-bats in three games and is hitting .250 (25 for 100).
- The Dayton women’s tennis team defeated Fordham 4-3 in Round 1 of the Atlantic-10 tournament and lost 4-0 to Virginia Commonwealth in the next round. Jade Kawamoto won 6-2 at doubles and lost 6-2, 7-6 at No. 4 singles against Fordham and lost 6-0, 7-6 in singles to VCU. Jackie Kawamoto won 6-3, 6-1 at No. 5 singles and 6-0 at No. 3 doubles against Fordham and lost 6-1 at No. 3 doubles to VCU.
- The Ohio Northern women’s tennis team defeated Baldwin Wallace 6-3 and Heidelberg 7-2 and lost 8-1 to Kenyon. Brittany Toney won 8-3 at No. 1 doubles and lost 6-4, 7-5 at No.4 singles against Baldwin Wallace; won 8-2 at No. 1 doubles and lost 6-0, 6-1 at No. 3 singles against Heidelberg; and won 9-8 at No. 1 doubles and lost 6-0, 6-0 at No. four singles against Kenyon.
- The Franklin men’s tennis team defeated Anderson 6-3 and Johnson University of Tennessee 9-0. Alex Hammer won 5-7, 6-1, 6-2 at No. 1 singles and 8-4 at No. 1 doubles against Anderson and 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 in singles and 8-5 in doubles against Johnson.
- Aaron Doughty pitched three innings for the Lindsey Wilson baseball team (33-20, 13-8) in a 5-1 loss to St. Catherine and gave up four hits, three walks and two earned runs and has a 5-5 record with a 4.33 ERA in 52 innings.
- The Franklin softball team (23-11, 8-6) split two games with Rose-Hulman and swept two with Bluffton. Olivia Paszek was named Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Week after allowing no earned runs in complete-game wins against both opponents. In a 4-1 defeat of Rose-Hulman, she gave up two hits and no walks and struck out eight. She yielded six hits and no walks and struck out six in a 2-0 shutout of Bluffton. The sophomore has a 14-4 record with a 1.83 ERA in 110 2/3 innings and leads the conference in wins and strikeouts and is second in ERA. Grace Paszek had three hits, three RBIs and one run scored in 10 at-bats and is hitting .340 (35 for 103).
- The Rose-Hulman baseball team (22-8, 14-4) won two of three games with Defiance. Donnie Waters had two hits, three RBIs and one run scored in seven at-bats in the three games and is hitting .290 (27 for 93).
- The Indiana State baseball team (24-16, 4-5) lost three games against No. 24 Dallas Baptist. Jeremy McKinney was the losing pitcher in a 7-6 loss, giving up one earned run, one walk and three hits and striking out three in 2 2/3 innings. In a 10-5 loss, he gave up one earned run and two hits in 1/3 of an inning. His record is 3-3 with a 2.43 ERA.
- Hannah Jobe had one ground ball for the Franklin women’s lacrosse team (6-6, 4-4) in a 17-5 loss to St. Vincent.
- The Franklin women’s golf team won the five-team Franklin Grizzly Invitational. Hannah White was fourth among the Franklin players whose scores counted and 11th of 29 overall with scores of 86-91—177.
- Franklin’s J.T. Sargent was 14th of 17 in the men’s 3,000 meters (10:11.26) at the Rose-Hulman Twilight Track and Field Invitational. Casey Tranter was 13th in the women’s 3,000 (12:59.60).
- The St. Joseph’s women’s tennis team lost 9-0 to Indianapolis and 7-1 to McKendree. Mary Huffine lost 8-0 at No. 4 singles and 8-2 at No. 1 doubles to Indianapolis and 8-2 at No. 1 doubles to McKendree.
- Sarah Burns lost 6-0, 6-2 at No. 3 singles and 8-0 at No. 3 doubles in Johnson University’s 9-0 women’s tennis loss to Franklin.
- Competing at the Rose-Hulman Twilight Track and Field Invitational, Franklin’s Ashley Myers was fifth of 13 in the 3,000 meters (11:07.61), eighth of 16 in the long jump (15-6¾), seventh of 11 in the triple jump (32-1) and 16th of 24 in the javelin (69-9).
- Shortstop Clarissa Knight has started each game for the Grace softball team (26-20, 17-11) and is batting .438 (63 for 144). In the field, she has made 88 putouts and has 96 assists while committing 12 errors.
- Brenden Smith is batting .250 (15 for 60) for the Marian baseball team (12-19, 2-6).
- The Taylor men’s tennis team lost 6-3 to Grace and IU-Southeast and 8-1 to Indiana Wesleyan. Jake Scott lost 6-3, 6-1 at No. 5 singles and won 9-7 at No. 3 doubles against Grace; lost 9-7 at No. 3 doubles to IU-Southeast; and lost 8-4 at No. 3 doubles to Indiana Wesleyan.