Center Grove High School seniors are eligible for scholarships
Center Grove Zeta Lambda Chapter of Tri Kappa will award $1,000 scholarships to two Center Grove High School seniors.
For more information and an application, students can contact their high school counselor.
Completed applications need to be submitted to the guidance office by April 29.
Middle school students can attend camp
Local middle school students interested in a job in law enforcement can explore the career field during a leadership camp this summer.
The 37th annual Indiana Sheriff’s Youth Leadership Camp will be July 11 to 13 at Waycross Episcopal Camp near Morgantown.
The camp is for boys and girls in seventh or eighth grade.
To learn more about the camp or to register, contact your school counselor. Or you can call the sheriff’s office at 736-9155.
Eighth-graders to get dose of reality
Eighth-grade students at Franklin Community Middle School will get a peek of reality at an upcoming experience.
Franklin Middle Middle School and Crane Credit Union are hosting a Reality Store event for the students in May.
The Reality Store is a simulation that helps students appreciate the realities of life and achieve a better understanding of personal finance. Prior to the activity, each student is assigned an educational level based on their GPA and the average salary of a 28 year old working with that degree. The students visit 16 stations (staffed by volunteers) to determine how to spend their salaries and make ends meet, budgeting for transportation, housing, clothes and food.
Center Grove Teachers of the Year announced
Center Grove has announced its teachers of the year.
- Center Grove Middle School Central: Samuel Fritz, band director.
- North Grove Elementary: Julie Young, instructional coach.
- Center Grove Middle School North: Daniel Stier, eighth-grade math.
- Pleasant Grove Elementary: Victoria House, second grade.
- Center Grove Elementary: Stephen Blackburn, fourth grade.
- Sugar Grove Elementary: Jenifer Prenatt, special education.
- Center Grove High School: Mary (Cathy) Campolattara, special education
- Maple Grove Elementary: Heather Gant, instructional coach.
Roncalli student wins missionary scholarship
A scholarship will help a Roncalli student go on a mission trip.
Sophomore Adrian Daves was given the 2016 Brooke Lahr Scholarship. Lahr was on a missionary trip in Mexico when she was struck and killed by a car.
Daves will use her scholarship for a mission trip to Honduras this summer.