County council seeks members for boards

The Johnson County Council is seeking taxpayers to appoint to several county commissions and boards.

They include the alcohol beverage commission, board of zoning appeals (for alternate members only) and the property tax assessment board of appeals (volunteers must be a certified level two or level three assessor-appraiser)

Each appointment is for a one-year term. Each board meets monthly; you must be a county resident and property owner to apply.

If interested, email a resume and cover letter, or any questions, to the Johnson County Council at by Dec. 28. Appointments will be made at the council’s Jan. 11 meeting.