It’s that time of year again, when homeowners are overtaken by their inner Clark Griswold and the Christmas decorations come out.
Lights cover walls, roofs, eaves and every available surface on the house. LED displays flash to programmed music, shifting through a rainbow of colors after designers spent months putting their shows together.
Towering inflatables of Santa Claus, Frosty the Snowman and other holiday characters wave in the December wind.
When it comes to stringing up lights and putting up decorations, a segment of people believe there is no such thing as too much. The community at large is better for their dedication, with their festive shows of holiday cheer providing a perfect seasonal family activity at no cost.
The Daily Journal has searched out the most impressive displays from the area, learned the stories behind the most unique and put together an easy guide to help you plan your own viewings. So enjoy the warm glow of the holidays, create a new family tradition and get into the spirit of the season.
Christmas Light Map Key
1. 3118 McIntosh Drive, Bargersville
2. 5993 Darlene Drive, Greenwood
3. 954 Bluff Road, Greenwood
4. 3366 Fairview Road, Greenwood
5. 6733 Yellowstone Road, Indianapolis
6. 10 E. Edgewood Ave., Indianapolis
7. 315 Love Ave., Greenwood
8. 1204 Thornmeadow Circle, Greenwood
9. 485 Gray Oak Lane, Greenwood
10. 51 N. Middle St., Greenwood
11. 8309 Amarillo Drive, Indianapolis