Community members, students and families are invited to celebrate North Grove Elementary School’s 50th anniversary Sunday.
The school, located at 3280 W. Fairview Road, will be open from 2 to 4 p.m., with historical artifacts in the hallways and a re-dedication ceremony starting at 3 p.m., to celebrate the completion of a new expansion to the school building.
The re-dedication ceremony will take place in the gymnasium.
Current and former students are invited to see how the building has changed over the years, and see the remodeling that was done within the last year, including renovating the fourth- and fifth-grade classrooms.
North Grove is the oldest elementary school that Center Grove still uses regularly, although the high school was built first in 1954.
Since North Grove Elementary opened in 1965, the building has had three major additions or renovations in 1973, 1986 and this year.