Aaron Harris carried the ball nine times for 101 yards (11.2 yards per carry) and one touchdown for the St. Francis football team in a 59-16 win against Olivet Nazarene.
In addition, the Whiteland graduate caught one pass for an 18-yard gain.
- Kyle Stucker started at center for the Wabash football team in a 35-3 victory against Hampden Sydney.
- Competing for IPFW at the Eastern Illinois Walt Crawford Cross-Country Open, shortened to four miles due to the weather, Gabe O’Keefe was 19th of 30 runners, second for IPFW, in 22:03.11.
- Mariah Young was 26th of 42 participants, 14th for Bellarmine, in 16:21.6 at the 4K Stegemoller Cross-Country Classic in Evansville, hosted by Southern Indiana.
- The Franklin women finished sixth of seven teams at the Olivet Fall Golf Invitational. Paige Lundy was second for the Grizzlies and 26th of 43 overall with scores of 84-98–182.
- The Taylor men’s golf team lost 8-1 to Grace and 9-0 to Marian. Jake Scott lost 6-1, 6-0 at No. 6 singles and 8-1 at No. 3 doubles to Grace and 6-1, 6-1 and 8-2 to Marian.
- Ashley Hill saw action for the Anderson women’s soccer team (1-1) in a 3-0 defeat of Brescia.
- The Wheaton women’s tennis team defeated Edgewood 9-0 and Carroll of Wisconsin 8-1. Emily Jones won 8-2 at No. 2 doubles against both Edgewood and Carroll.
- Grace Neathery won 6-2, 6-0 at No. 2 singles in the Marian women’s tennis team’s 7-2 defeat of Taylor.
- Indianapolis’ men’s golf team won the nine-team Ohio Dominican Kickoff Classic. Chris Heck was fourth for the Greyhounds and 16th of 61 overall with scores of 74-76–150.
- The Taylor women’s golf team was fourth of 12 teams at the Indiana Wesleyan Fall Invitational. Raquel Helton was second for Taylor and 21st of 70 overall with scores of 87-84–171.
- The Rose-Hulman men’s golf team finished 12th of 16 teams at the Transylvania Invitational. Kent Kraus was fifth for Rose-Hulman and 89th overall with scores of 86-89-81–256.
- Alex Aukerman started at linebacker for the Army football team (0-1) in a 37-35 loss to Fordham.
- Nate Wozniak started at wide receiver for the Minnesota football team (0-1) in a 23-17 loss to TCU and caught one pass for five yards.
- Joel Hale assisted on three tackles for the Ohio State football team (1-0) in a 42-24 win against Virginia Tech.
- The Indianapolis football team (1-0) defeated Saginaw Valley State 27-17. Starting defensive end Dillon Dallas broke up one pass and had one quarterback hurry. O’rion Elder, a starting defensive lineman, had one solo tackle, one assist and one quarterback hurry; and Jordan Bedan started on the offensive line at right guard for the winners.
- Hanover’s Ben Wheeler converted his only extra-point try and had a 36-yard field goal attempt blocked in the 0-1 Panthers’ 63-7 football loss to Centre.
- Franklin’s Dmitri Wilson had four solo tackles, two for losses, and two forced fumbles in the Grizzlies’ 34-24 loss to Illinois Wesleyan.
- Mario Swann saw action for Indiana in a 48-47 football win against Southern Illinois.
- The Taylor football team defeated Anderson 57-10. Taylor’s Tyler Mills had three solo tackles, one assist and one pass break-up. Anderson’s Eric Kwiatkowski caught two passes for eight yards; and Raven’s quarterback Luke Calvert, one of three quarterbacks to play for Anderson, completed 5 of 5 passes for 27 yards and rushed four times for four yards, including a five-yard sack.
- Alex Woods was the starting offensive left tackle for the St. Francis football team in a 59-16 defeat of Olivet Nazarene, and freshman Austin Smogor saw action for the winners.
- The Virginia-College of Wise volleyball team opened its season at the Pfeiffer Falcon Classic at Misenheimer, North Carolina, with a 3-1 loss to Slippery Rock but bounced back to record 3-0 wins against Johnson C. Smith, Pfeiffer and Salem International. Starting setter Abbie Hardesty had 119 assists, three kills, five service aces and two blocks for Wise in the four matches.
- Jessi Arbuckle has played in 26 of 34 games, eight of nine matches, for the Taylor Volleyball team (4-5) and has 15 kills, 14 digs, three blocks, four assists and one service ace.
- The Illinois State volleyball team (4-2) defeated Long Beach State and Harvard by 3-0 scores and Rutgers 3-2. Ali Line played in one game against Harvard and had nine kills (.563 percentage) and three blocks in four games against Rutgers.
- Hailey Embree started and took one shot for the Anderson women’s soccer team (1-1) in a 3-0 win against Brescia.
- Amber Perry substituted on defense for the Indianapolis soccer team (1-1) in a 2-1 loss to Ursuline and started in a 2-1 win against Lake Erie.
- Alieu Musa scored on his only shot in 2-0 DePauw’s 4-2 men’s soccer win against Anderson.
- Dalton Mudd was in the goal for the first 45 minutes in Marian’s 2-2 soccer tie with Indiana Wesleyan and allowed both goals while saving three shots.
- Indianapolis’ Casey Wendorff was 83rd of 132 runners, 10th for the third-place Greyhounds, in 21:17.1 at the 12 team 6K Queen City Cross-Country Invitational.
- IUPUI’s Griffin Miller was seventh of 39, seventh for the Jaguars, in 19:22.3 while running unattached in the Butler Cross-Country Open.
- Jackie Rizzi was 13th for Franklin and 70th of 96 runners in 31:05.61 at the 6K Sodexo Grizzly Cross-Country Invitational.
- The John A. Logan volleyball team (4-2) lost its first two matches and then won four. Caroline Rogers had 68 assists, 20 digs and five service aces in the six matches, including a double-double, 20 assists and 10 kills, in a 3-2 defeat of Lake Land.
- The Trine volleyball team (1-3), playing at the Mount Union Invitational, defeated Westminster 3-1 and lost 3-1 to Mount Union and 3-0 to Bethany and Grace. Lauren Verkemp had 32 kills, 23 digs, three assists and two service aces in the four matches; and Megan Verkemp had 31 kills, nine assists, four aces, 16 digs and five blocks.
- The Butler volleyball team (1-5) lost 3-2 to Michigan State and Miami of Ohio and 3-1 to Virginia Tech. Jess Admire had 20 kills, one assist, six digs and eight blocks in the three matches.
- The Anderson volleyball team (1-4) lost 3-1 to Adrian, 3-2 to Olivet, 3-0 to Albion and defeated Kalamazoo 3-1. Karissa Wentzell had 55 digs, four assists and four service aces for the Ravens.
- Hunter Chadwell started for the Central Christian College of Bible soccer team in a 4-0 loss to Grace, Nebraska.
- Hannah White was fourth for sixth-place Franklin and 32nd of 43 overall with scores of 90-101–191 at the seven team Olivet Fall Golf Invitational.
- Franklin’s Hannah Jobe was 12th for third-place Franklin, 45th of 96 overall, in 28:17.13 at the 11 team 6K Sodexo Grizzly Cross-Country Invitational.
- Redshirt freshman Dakota Sneed saw his first collegiate action for Butler’s football team in a 52-17 loss to Indiana State.
- Franklin’s Ashley Myers and her partner won the season opening Hokem Karem Cross-Country Invitational at Anderson. The senior was fourth of 96, first for Franklin, in 24:08.63 at the 6K Sodexo Invitational.
- Indiana kicker Griffin Oakes converted six of six extra-point tries and each of his field-goal attempts, one from 45 yards and another from 22 yards, while averaging 64 yards on nine kickoffs, in the Hoosiers’ 48-47 football win against Southern Illinois.
- Indianapolis’ Lee Campbell had four solo tackles and one assist, 2.5 for losses, in the Greyhounds’ 27-17 season opening win against Saginaw Valley State.
- Kole Stogner carried the ball 12 times for 41 yards, caught two passes for 13 yards and returned three kickoffs 71 yards in Franklin’s season opening football loss to Illinois Wesleyan. Teammate Ethan Bailey had two solo tackles, one assist and one quarterback hurry.
- Mackenzie Estrem won 8-3 at No. 3 doubles in Indiana Wesleyan’s 9-0 tennis defeat of Goshen.
- The Ohio Northern tennis team defeated St. Francis, Indiana, 5-4 and Defiance 8-1. Brittany Toney won 8-3 at No. 2 doubles and lost 5-7, 6-1, 10-8 at No. 4 singles against St. Francis and won 8-6 at No. 3 doubles and 8-3 at No. 3 singles against Defiance.
- Katie Walsh won 4-6, 6-2, 10-8 at No. 2 singles and 8-5 at No. 2 doubles in IU-Southeast’s 9-0 tennis defeat of Rose-Hulman and 6-0, 6-0 and 8-1 in a 9-0 win against Oakland City.
- Morgan Morrison had six solo tackles and assisted on three others for the Hanover football team in a 63-7 loss to Centre.
- Olivet Nazarene quarterback Matthew Wray completed 12 passes in 27 attempts for 125 yards and one touchdown, with two interceptions, and lost 13 yards on two carries, one a sack, in a 59-16 football loss to St. Francis.
- Marian’s Taylor Kinney won 8-2 at No. 3 doubles in a 9-0 tennis defeat of Taylor.
- Bridget Marlow played in six of 14 games for the Trine volleyball team, which won one of four at the Mount Union Invitational, and had six digs, one kill and one service ace.
- The Cincinnati Christian volleyball team lost 3-1 to Mount St. Joseph and won 3-0 against Central State. Ellie Abel had 50 assists, nine service aces, nine kills, five digs and one block in the two matches.