Correction – July 24

A home damaged in a 2013 fire at 399 N. Main St. was built between 1910 and 1920, according to county records. The cause of the fire was listed as undetermined by the Franklin Fire Department, but ruled as an accident, according to their report. An insurance company inspector later studied the building and determined that a cigarette was the cause of the fire, owner Bette Emry said.

Last year, the Franklin Development Corp. considered purchasing and renovating both 397 and 399 N. Main St. The total cost of the purchase and renovations was estimated at $500,000.

Since the fire in 2013, homeowners John and Bette Emry have repaired the roof, removed debris from the fire and any asbestos within the building.

This information was unclear or incorrect in the July 11th Daily Journal.