Hearts and Darts
EDITOR’S NOTE — Hearts and Darts is published Monday and as space is available.
To submit an item, email editorial assistant Anna Herkamp at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 736-2766, call 736-2712 or mail to P.O. Box 699, Franklin, IN 46131.
Items must include the writer’s full name, city of residence, telephone number and full names of all people mentioned in the item. Items cannot be printed without the writer’s real first and last name and city of residence.
Writers are asked to name no more than 10 individuals and five businesses in hearts and not to name individuals in darts. Items should not exceed 100 words. We do not print darts related to business disputes.
- On behalf of the Indiana High School Swimming and Diving Hall of Fame, many thanks go out to Franklin Community High School, John Regas, Mike McClure, Cindi Martin and the athletic staff, the custodians, John Carmack in maintenance, the technology department, Tony Daily and the swim parents, Zach DeWitt and his coaching staff. You put forth a monumental effort in making the ninth annual Hall of Fame Classic a success. You were great! Thanks so much.
Indiana High School Swimming and Diving Hall of Fame
- We would like to thank all the kind people who donated supplies, food and money to our team’s local animal shelter drive. All donations will be put to good use and the animals thank you.
Jeff Anderson, Tina Bottorff and Team Invictus,
Custer Baker Intermediate School
- The Sertoma Club of Greenwood thanks Sam’s Club for donating 34 pumpkin pies that were included in the Thanksgiving Baskets that the Sertoma Club of Greenwood donated to Greenwood schools.
The Sertoma Club of Greenwood
- The Johnson County Sheriff’s Charity Ride was held on Aug. 23, and thanks to all the participants and sponsors of the Johnson County Sheriff’s Charity Ride we were able to assist the following local charities this year: Emma’s Art Cart, Emma Grace Benefit Fund, Johnson County Senior Citizens, Johnson County Habitat for Humanity, Caleb Buck Medical Fund, Jeb Fulmer Scholarship Fund, Fallen Officer Scholarship Fund, Johnson County Special Olympics, Children’s Organ Transplant Association, and Riley Hospital for Children.
Johnson County Sheriff’s Charity Ride
- Darts to the Johnson County Courthouse and other government buildings that did not lower flags to half-staff for Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. What a shame no one could take time out to remember our veterans.